Bluetooth technology allows you to connect devices together wirelessly without having to use cables. You can pair up multiple devices, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart watches, fitness trackers, etc., to one another via Bluetooth.
Bluetooth speakers are great because they’re small, portable devices that let you listen to music wherever you go. But sometimes, those little speakers don’t work quite like we want them to. Sometimes, they just won’t pair up with our phones. Or maybe it’s something else entirely. In fact, there are many different reasons why a Bluetooth speaker might stop working properly.
Why Do We Need To Reset Bluetooth Speakers?
Bluetooth technology allows us to make wireless connections with many different kinds of devices. But it doesn’t work perfectly all the time. Sometimes, it won’t recognize the connection properly, or it might even disconnect completely. This happens because there are multiple factors involved in making sure that the connection works well.
General Bluetooth Speaker Resetting
Check to see if your speaker’s battery is dead. If it is, you’ll want to replace it. You can do this yourself or take it to a professional.
To reset the speaker, press both the Bluetooth and power buttons together for about 10 seconds, depending on the model.
Some brands require a password before you can reset the device. To find out what yours requires, look at the manual that came with the product.
If that doesn’t work, remove the batteries from the speaker and then reinsert them. Turn the speaker on again. This should fix any issues.
How To Reset Bluetooth Speakers: All Top Brands
Resetting Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker
Anker’s Soundcore speakers are some of our favorite portable wireless speakers. They’re compact, easy to use, and come in a variety of different colors and designs. But sometimes you might want to reset one of those speakers. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn the speaker on. You can find out where to do this by looking at the bottom of the speaker. There should be a small switch next to the battery compartment. If there isn’t, look around the outside of the speaker for another way to turn it on.
- Once the speaker is turned on, press and hold down the power button for about five seconds. This will bring up the menu screen.
- Tap on the option labeled “Reset.” A warning screen will pop up asking you to confirm whether you really want to delete everything on the speaker. Confirm the action by tapping OK.
- After confirming, tap on the option labeled ‘Confirm.’ Your speaker will now reboot itself.
- Once the speaker reboots, open the app again and connect to it.
Resetting JBL Bluetooth Speaker
JBL’s Bluetooth speakers are great because they pair easily with devices like smartphones and tablets. But sometimes things go wrong and the speaker stops working properly. If you want to reset it, follow these steps.
- Turn off the speaker.
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Hold down the reset button on the bottom of the speaker for about ten seconds. You should hear two quick beeps.
- Turn on the speaker again.
- Use the volume controls to adjust the sound level.
- Enjoy listening to music once again.
Resetting Bose Bluetooth Speaker
- To reset your Bose speaker you must first turn it off.
- Then press and hold both volume buttons for 15 seconds.
- You’ll hear a short tone followed by a confirmation screen.
- If you’re having trouble getting into the menu, try pressing the power button once.
- Once inside, select “Reset.”
- Your speakers will now be set up like they were when you bought them.
Resetting Sonos Bluetooth Speaker
If you’re having issues connecting your Sonos speaker to another device, here’s how to reset it.
- Unpair the speaker from your phone: Tap “Unpair.” Your speaker will now show up again under Devices.
- Disable Bluetooth: You’ll need to turn off Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device. On Windows 10, look for the option called “Bluetooth devices.” Turn off Bluetooth.
- Pair the speaker manually: This is the most straightforward way to connect your speaker to another device. First, make sure both devices are turned on. Next, press and hold down the power button on the speaker until the screen goes black. Now, press and release the volume buttons on the speaker. Finally, press and hold the corresponding button on the device you’d like to pair with the speaker. After about 30 seconds, the connection process will complete.
Resetting Ultimate Ears Bluetooth Speaker
- Turn off the speaker completely.
- Press and hold the power button and Volume Down button together for about five seconds.
- Release both buttons while still holding the power button.
- Wait for the speaker to reboot itself.
- Once the speaker reboots, you can use it normally again.
Resetting Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
Factory resetting a Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker is easy.
- There are two ways to turn off the speaker.
- One way is to press the power button while holding down the volume button.
- Another way is to switch on the speaker and immediately press the power button.
- Wonderbooms come with an instruction manual.
- Read through carefully before doing anything else.
Reasons Why You Need A Bluetooth Speaker
Bluetooth speakers are portable devices that allow you to stream audio wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer. They’re great for playing music while working out, listening to podcasts, watching movies, or just hanging out with friends. If you want to learn how to choose the best one for your needs, keep reading.
The size of a speaker determines what type of room you’ll be able to place it in. A small speaker won’t fit well in large rooms, but a larger speaker might not work well in smaller spaces. Look for a model that fits comfortably into a corner or under a desk without taking up too much space.
You don’t always need a wireless connection to play music. Some models come with wired connections that connect directly to your device. This makes it easier to set up and less likely to lose power during travel.
Battery life is another important factor to consider. Most speakers run off rechargeable batteries, so make sure you know how long each battery lasts before buying. Also, look at the number of hours per charge on the packaging.
If you plan to use your speaker in an area where there may be background noise, you should check its sound quality. For example, if you’re using a speaker near a kitchen sink, you’ll probably want to avoid a speaker that has a low bass response.
Why Bluetooth Fail And How Can We Solve This?
Bluetooth technology is one of the most popular ways to connect mobile phones and computers together. But it doesn’t always work perfectly. Sometimes, you’ll find yourself unable to pair your phone with another device. Or maybe you’re having trouble connecting to a specific device. If you’ve ever experienced either of those issues, you might wonder why Bluetooth fails and what you can do about it.
The answer lies in understanding the different types of Bluetooth connections. In addition to pairing, Bluetooth allows you to transfer files wirelessly, send data over short distances, and even control lights and appliances. Each type of connection requires a different set of settings. For example, transferring files requires a secure connection, while controlling appliances use a low-power connection.
If you want to troubleshoot Bluetooth connectivity, here are some things to check:
Your smartphone needs to have enough charge to make a successful connection.
You need to ensure that the devices you’re trying to connect are compatible with each other. Some devices require certain operating systems and software versions. Others use special drivers.
Wireless signals can interfere with each other. So, if you’re near a Wi-Fi network, make sure Bluetooth isn’t interfering with it.
When you turn off your phone, you usually disable Bluetooth. However, sometimes it stays enabled.
While each Bluetooth speaker will be unique based on the model number and the manufacturer, most speakers have the same basic design. If you are having trouble pairing the Bluetooth speaker with another device, the quickest and most often way to solve the problem is to reset the speaker. To do this, follow the steps outlined above, which will allow you to reset the speaker in less than one minute.