How to Reset Bluetooth Speakers in 2022 [All Top Brands]
Nowadays, Bluetooth speakers are the most common way to jam to your favorite music and enjoy your time. Bluetooth technology has helped a lot in secure connectivity to an extensive range of devices such as smartphones, laptops, iPhones, and tablets. However, as every technology has its pros, it also has cons and not every appliance is 100% efficient. Sometimes, it becomes difficult to pair a Bluetooth speaker to the selected device. Even though almost every Bluetooth speaker comes with a guide, it can be perplexing at times. To help you out with this, I have reviewed some top brand’s Bluetooth speakers and will share how to reset Bluetooth speakers and connect them easily.
GENERAL BLUETOOTH SPEAKER RESETTING
Almost every Bluetooth speaker has similar properties and can be connected to the devices in the same way. To factory reset your speaker, you should follow the following steps:
- First of all, check if your speaker is turned on or off.
- Make sure that all the previously paired devices are disconnected. In iOS settings, remove the speaker by tapping on the name Bluetooth speaker and then forget the speaker. For android devices, unpair by simply clicking on the name of the device.
- To reset the speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth and power button (sometimes it can be interchanged with volume button) at the same time for a couple of seconds, up to 15 seconds.
- This step resets the speaker to factory settings, and the speaker will be ready to pair when turned on.
Now let’s have a look at individual brand’s speaker settings to reset them properly.
RESETTING JBL BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS
In this I am going to talk through how to reset JBL Bluetooth speakers to factory setting:
- Turn the JBL speaker on, and you can tell the device is on when the led light turns blue.
- Simultaneously press and hold the volume up and play buttons until the device turns off.
- By following these simple steps, you can reset your speaker to the default factory setting.
- Lastly, press the power button to turn on the device, and it will be in pairing mode.
RESETTING WONDERBOOM BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS
For resetting Wonderboom Bluetooth speakers follow these steps:
- First, step in to turn the Bluetooth speaker on.
- The power button is located on the top of most of the Wonderboom speakers, press and hold it for 15 seconds simultaneously with the volume button.
- After 15 seconds, the speaker will produce a sound that indicates that the device has shut off.
- Press the power button to switch on the Wonderboom speaker. The led light on the top will start blinking, and the speaker is set to the default setting.
RESETTING ONYX STUDIO BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
These are the steps to reset ONYX Bluetooth speaker to default setting:
- After turning on the speaker, press the power and volume button at the same time for 5-10 seconds.
- After some time, the speaker will make a little sound and turn off.
- Turn on the speaker, and the led light will blink that shows the speaker is in pairing mode, and the speaker is set to default settings.
RESETTING BEATS BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
The procedure for resetting beats Bluetooth speaker is a little different from most other speakers;
- Beats has a B button on its top.
- To reset this device, press and hold the power button along with the B button for 10 seconds.
- Once you do this, you will see the LED light on the back flash, green and red. It means the device has been reset.
RESETTING SONY BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS
Like other speakers, the resetting of the Sony Bluetooth speaker is also pretty straightforward.
- When pressing the power button, turn on the sony speaker.
- At the back of the Sony SRS-XB22, there is a control unit that has a reset button.
- Press the button by using a pin
- After pressing it, the speaker shuts down, and the device is on the default settings now. Lastly, Sony is offering the best home speakers at a reasonable price as well. So if you’ve got extreme troubles just get a new budget-friendly Bluetooth speaker.
RESETTING ULTIMATE EARS SPEAKERS
The procedure for resetting Ultimate Ears Bluetooth speaker is the same as most other speakers;
- After turning on the Ultimate Ears Bluetooth speaker, press three buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.
- These buttons include a power button on the top, a volume down, and a volume up button.
- In this way, the speaker can be reset. Also, check out the excellent speakers under 50 dollars by Ultimate Ears.
RESETTING PORTRONICS BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS
Follow these steps to reset Portronics Bluetooth speakers;
- To reset Portronics Bluetooth speaker turn on the device
- There is a flap on the back of the speaker that covers ports and reset button.
- Press the reset button with the help of a pin and the speaker will turn off
- On pressing the power button, the speaker will make a sound of ‘Bluetooth mode,’ and the speaker is ready to be paired.
RESETTING MPOW BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS
The method for resetting Mpow Bluetooth speaker is the same as that of many others;
- Make sure that the device is turned off.
- Press and hold the power button with the volume down button at the same time for 5 seconds.
- Turn the device on
- The led light on the speaker will start flashing red and green color that indicates that the speaker is now in Bluetooth mode.
RESETTING BOSE BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS
To reset the bose, Bluetooth speakers all you have to do is follow these simple steps
- Like other speakers turn the Bose Bluetooth speaker on
- Press and hold the power button for 10-12 seconds
- On doing this, all the LEDs, including aux, battery and Bluetooth led will blink once, and the speaker is on default settings now.
- Turn the speaker on now and pair it to any device.
RESETTING ALTEC BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
To reset Altech Bluetooth speaker ( 859 ) follow these steps:
- Press and hold the three buttons on the right side of the speaker
- The speaker will turn off by itself
- Power on the speaker by pressing the power button, and the speaker is in Bluetooth mode. Also, ALTEC offers budget-friendly options such as top-rated Bluetooth speakers under 20 dollars which you can try without breaking your bank.
WHY BLUETOOTH CONNECTION FAILS AND HOW CAN WE FIX IT?
Bluetooth connection or pairing may fail due to some malfunction in hardware or software. The Bluetooth connection can fail due to different reasons and mostly can be fixed easily. The most common causes of Bluetooth failures could be interference, compatibility, and obstructions. Before pairing Bluetooth to devices, check if the two are compatible.
To connect the Bluetooth speaker to your desired device, ensure that both of the devices are placed close to each other. Because most Bluetooth devices have a certain range in which it can transmit signals to other connected devices. Even then, if the speaker faces difficulty connecting, check if it has enough battery as some devices have trouble connecting when the battery is running low. Before connecting the speaker to the phone, make sure both devices are discoverable. Go to the phone’s settings and click the Bluetooth option and make it visible, then turn on the speaker and press the Bluetooth button to set it into Bluetooth mode.
Another thing that can cause a problem in connecting the Bluetooth is excessive wifi connections or radio signals, as any electronic device can face interference if there are unnecessary and too many signals. Try to remove all the extra signals from the area or change the location of the speaker. Lastly, if you are looking for cheap alternatives check our guide of best Bluetooth speakers under 30 dollars and you can find something cool without needing to spend too much.