How to Reset & Pair JBL Speaker – [ Flip, Charge, Link & Go ]
A small speaker that you can easily carry around in your hand is always a good idea. Whether you are planning a car trip, a sleep-over, or just a hangout by the pool with friends, you can easily take your JBL speaker to the said location, connect it to your phone, and enjoy your evening with music played over your speaker. However, along with perks, a few problems also accompany the JBL speakers. Some of these problems are pairing issues and battery drainage etc.
How To Reset & Pair JBL Speaker
A quick and easy remedy to most of the connectivity issues is to reset the speaker to its default factory setting, and voila! Resetting a speaker is also a good idea if you want to re-sell the model and need to erase your data from it. As there are few different models of JBL speakers, each requires a different method to be reset. In this article, I have shared a few methods of resetting different models of JBL speakers that helped me in my hour of need.
Resetting And Pairing JBL Flip Speaker
This is the most loved model of JBL speakers. It falls in the affordable price range and delivers outstanding sound quality. It is also small in size, which ensures easy portability. In order to reset this model, there are a few steps that you need to take.
Resetting JBL Flip Speaker
- First, you will need to turn the speaker on.
- Once it has been turned on, press down the power button and the volume up button together. Hold both of these buttons for approximately 5 seconds, and the device will turn off after that.
- You will know it has turned off because it will make the power down sound.
- Turn it on again, and you will see that the LED light will be blinking blue. This blinking indicates that the speaker is searching for new pairing devices, meaning that it has been reset and all the old data has been wiped!
Pairing The Speaker
- Now that the previous data has been wiped from the device, turn it on and press the Bluetooth button to turn that on as well.
- Turn the Bluetooth of your phone on as well (if it wasn’t on already).
- The speaker’s Bluetooth name will appear in your phone, and when you tap it, your phone will automatically get connected to the speaker.
Resetting And Pairing JBL Charge Speaker
This model of JBL speakers is known for its long battery life. While using it, I found that a single charge lets you enjoy the speaker for many hours. Resetting this model to its default factory setting is a piece of cake. It only requires a few easy steps.
Resetting JBL Charge Speaker
- Turn the speaker on by pressing down the power button.
- Once the power light is on, your speaker has been turned on.
- Then you will need to hold down the Bluetooth button and the volume up button together for a couple of seconds.
- When the power light blinks rapidly and the device turns off, that is a signal that your JBL Charge speaker has been successfully reset.
Pairing The Speaker
- If you want to connect your speaker and pair it to your phone or any other device, you will need to turn the speaker on first.
- Once it has been turned on, press the Bluetooth button to turn its Bluetooth connectivity on.
- Your speaker will make a ping sound which means it is searching for Bluetooth devices.
- After that, turn the Bluetooth of your phone on, and the speaker will appear in your search bar.
- Pair your phone to the speaker by tapping on the speaker’s name on the screen, and there you go.
- Your JBL speaker has now successfully been paired to your phone.
Resetting And Pairing JBL Link Speaker
This model of JBL speakers is Wifi enabled, which is not the only cool feature; it also comes with Google Assistant. It is a smart speaker that you can carry in your hand and will deliver unbeatable audio quality. If you wish to reset your JBL link speaker, don’t worry; you can have this done in only a few easy steps.
Resetting JBL Link Speaker
- To reset your JBL Link speaker, the first thing that you will need to do is turn the speaker on by pressing the power button.
- Once the power light and the Wifi light flash white, your speaker is turned on.
- After that, the second thing that you will need to do is hold the mute button for 7 seconds, and the Wifi light will turn off.
- Once you have done this, hold down the power button and the mute button together for almost 12 to 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, the power light will flash a few times, and then the device will turn off.
- Turn it on, and the Wifi symbol will flash, which shows that your speaker has been wiped.
- There you go; in only three easy steps, you reset your JBL Link speaker.
Pairing The Speaker
- Pairing a JBL Link speaker to another device is just as easy as resetting it.
- After resetting, when you turn the speaker on, its Wifi light will be flashing, which shows that the speaker is searching for pairing devices.
- Go to your Google Home app, and pair the device to your phone through there.
Resetting And Pairing JBL Go Speaker
This model of JBL speakers is the most portable one yet. It is so small in size that it will effortlessly fit in the palm of your hand. However, do not underestimate this boy because of its small size; it can be connected to your phone or laptop and is fully capable of delivering mid-range volume.
Resetting JBL Go Speaker
- To reset your JBL Go speaker, turn the speaker on by pressing the power button.
- When the blue light flashes at the top of the speaker, it has been turned on.
- After that, press the Bluetooth button and the volume down button for 5 to 7 seconds.
- When the blue light at the front of your speaker turns off, know that your JBL Go speaker has been reset to its default factory setting.
- If you are still skeptical whether the speaker has been reset or not, then turn it on, and you will see that the blue light will now be blinking.
- This indicates that the speaker’s data has been wiped, and it is now searching for a new device to connect with.
Pairing The Speaker
- After you have reset your JBL Go speaker successfully, all the previous data regarding the connected devices will be wiped from it.
- To pair your phone or laptop to your JBL Go speaker, turn the speaker on, and after it turns on, press the Bluetooth button.
- Turn the Bluetooth of your device on as well, and you will see that the speaker’s name will pop up on your screen, waiting to be paired.
- Give it a single tap, and your device has been paired to the speaker. That is all there is to it, folks.
Resetting And Pairing JBL Xtreme Speaker
JBL Xtreme is one of the finest speakers if you plan on spending time outdoors and require a speaker that can deliver sound at a loud volume even outside. It is also pretty big in size when compared to other models of JBL speakers. Resetting JBL Xtreme is not a task that will take hours of your time; it can be done in a matter of minutes.
Resetting JBL Xtreme Speaker
- First, you will need to turn your speaker on.
- Once the device makes a guitar strum sound and the white light turns on, the speaker has been turned on.
- Press the volume up and the play/pause button together.
- You need to hold both the buttons for a couple of seconds so that the speaker can reset to its factory settings.
- After 5 seconds, the speaker will once again make the guitar strum sound and will power down. Instead of turning my speaker on instantly, I gave it a few seconds.
- Turn the speaker on, and you will see that along with the power light, the Bluetooth light will also flash, showing that the previously paired devices have been removed from the speaker.
Pairing The Speaker
- Once you have successfully reset your JBL Xtreme, you can now pair the speaker to your phone or laptop through Bluetooth.
- Turn on the speaker, and the Bluetooth light will flash that shows the speaker is searching for devices to pair with.
- Turn the Bluetooth of your device on and pair your speaker to your phone with a single tap.
There are many models of JBL speakers available in the market. Each one has its own perks that put it apart from the others. However, like every electronic device, JBL speakers also face a few issues. These issues can be eliminated easily by resetting your JBL speaker. In the article above, I have shared different methods that helped me reset my JBL speakers. I hope these methods help you in resetting your model of JBL speakers.