No matter if you are using headphones, speakers or soundbars, all of these audio gadgets eventually run into minor problems which can be rectified easily by resetting them. I have covered several guides on resetting speakers but here, I’m going to address how you can easily reset samsung soundbars. Instead of buying a new soundbar, try resetting it, and if it’s something minor, it’ll fix easily. In this article I’m going to cover how resetting helps, why you should reset, things you should do before resetting, how you should reset and what to do if the problem doesn’t go away even after resetting the soundbar. So let’s dive into it.
How to Reset Samsung Soundbar Quickly
There are three quick steps to reset your samsung soundbar in general.
- If your Samsung soundbar is turned on, then you have to turn it off first in order to reset. You can turn it off using the remote & if it doesn’t come with a remote, turn it off using the buttons on the soundbar.
- After turning it off, hold the play/pause or power button until your soundbar displays ‘INIT OK’.
- Then turn on your soundbar again & try pairing it to your TV.
- In case you’ve got an old soundbar which doesn’t come with the display, press the power button until the ‘LED’ starts & stops flashing the red light.
Things to do before resetting
Before going for a direct reset you can do certain things to make sure that your soundbar is ready & the reset would be successful.
- Do a proper diagnostic test of the soundbar to see if there’s anything wrong. Open up the soundbar and check if everything is properly connected and working fine.
- If there’s no problem with the soundbar, then take your time, unplug it from power and let it cool down.
- If you are using a soundbar with a remote, then check if that’s working properly too or not (if not, then disconnect it from TV and check).
General Resetting of All Soundbars
In case you’ve got a general soundbar, then there are some common ways of resetting them. I’m going to discuss some of them down below, hopefully one of them will work for your soundbar.
There are two main ways of resetting a soundbar. The first one is through the actual sound bar itself while the other is from your TV. The second method is best for any soundbars without a remote because you can just send a command for resetting it from your TV’s menu.
Here’s the first one with the remote:
- Hold the ” Volume Down ” and ” Power On/Off ” button at the same time for about 10 seconds and it should restart into a blue screen.
- Once you get this screen, go to settings and reset your soundbar and enjoy!
In case you don’t have a remote, try this:
- You’re going to have to do it on your own. To do this, turn your TV on first and wait for some time until you see the blue screen.
- Press the Power Button+Volume Up button for about 10 seconds.
- Your TV should power on and then after a few minutes, it will go back to its regular display.
Please remember this method only works on soundbars that can be controlled by the TV’s remote. If your soundbar can not be controlled remotely, then you’ll need to keep doing what I said above first; unplug it, let it cool down, then plug in all of your cables again once more before trying this method again. If you’ve done this and the soundbar is still unresponsive, then this may mean that your soundbar is actually broken.
General Method with Soft Reset
If your soundbar is on, and after reboot you’ve still got the problem try this. This is what we call a soft reset. It doesn’t completely clear out the settings but it does reset them in an easier way for you to start over. It’s done by holding the power button and HDMI at the same time for about 30 seconds. Be sure to follow my instructions exactly or you might get an error later on and won’t be able to fix it properly.
- Turn off your soundbar and unplug the power cord from the back of the soundbar.
- Plug your power cord back into the soundbar.
- Connect an HDMI cable to your soundbar and TV or Computer and switch on. Make sure that the HDMI cable is plugged in properly or else you may get an error later on when turning everything on.
- Now, turn on your TV or PC using either of these methods.
- Now you should be looking at a blue menu screen with white text in it ( just like android ). You need to select from the options available then hit ” reset .
- Within seconds you should see an option of ” Reset Soundbar. Hit that button and wait for a few minutes.
Once the reset is over, you’ll be asked if you want to reboot your soundbar. Select ” Yes ” and sit back and enjoy your favorite music now!
Reasons for Resetting
- You’re trying to replace an old remote with a newer remote because your old one doesn’t work or has custom buttons you need changed.
- The sound quality drops every time you use it and there’s no way of getting that back without resetting it.
- You’ve done some changes to its factory settings and you need to reset it.
- Some major hardware problems have occurred and you need to reset it because when you turn it on, the soundbar acts weirdly.
- You haven’t used it for a while and you don’t want to mess up your soundbar.
Have any questions, suggestions, or just need some help? Please comment below 🙂