Whether you’re using headphones, speakers, or soundbars, eventually all of these audio devices have minor issues that can be quickly fixed by resetting them. I’ve written multiple articles on how to reset speakers, but in this article, I’ll talk about how to quickly reset Samsung soundbars. Try resetting the soundbar instead of purchasing a new one; if the issue is minor, it will be resolved promptly.
In this article I’m going to cover how resetting helps, why you should reset, things you should do before resetting, how you should reset, and what to do if the problem doesn’t go away even after resetting the soundbar. So let’s dive into it.
Why Resetting Samsung Soundbar
- You’re trying to replace an old remote with a newer remote because your old one doesn’t work or has custom buttons that need to be changed.
- The sound quality drops every time you use it and there’s no way of getting that back without resetting it.
- You’ve done some changes to its factory settings and you need to reset it.
- Some major hardware problems have occurred and you need to reset it because when you turn it on, the soundbar acts weirdly.
- You haven’t used it for a while and you don’t want to mess up your soundbar.
How to Reset A Samsung Soundbar Quickly
There are three quick steps to reset your Samsung soundbar in general.
- If your Samsung soundbar is turned on, then you have to turn it off first in order to reset it. You can turn it off using the remote & if it doesn’t come with a remote, turn it off using the buttons on the soundbar.
- After turning it off, hold the play/pause or power button until your soundbar displays ‘INIT OK’.
- Then turn on your soundbar again & try pairing it to your TV.
- In case you’ve got an old soundbar that doesn’t come with the display, press the power button until the ‘LED’ starts & stops flashing the red light.
Things To Do Before Resetting Samsung Soundbar
Before going for a direct reset you can do certain things to make sure that your soundbar is ready & the reset would be successful.
- Do a proper diagnostic test of the soundbar to see if there’s anything wrong. Open up the soundbar and check if everything is properly connected and working fine.
- If there’s no problem with the soundbar, then take your time, unplug it from power, and let it cool down.
- If you are using a soundbar with a remote, then check if that’s working properly too or not (if not, then disconnect it from the TV and check).
What is Soft Reset
As the name implies, a soft reset won’t damage your soundbar and is likely the safest option to repair any electronic item that isn’t working properly.
What is Hard Reset
Before doing a hard reset to your soundbar, you have to think again. The default settings will be restored. It is comparable to turning it on for the first time again. A hard reset might be used if a soft reset does not solve the issue.
Resetting The Samsung Soundbars
In case you’ve got a general soundbar, then there are some common ways of resetting them. I’m going to discuss some of them down below, hopefully, one of them will work for your soundbar.
There are two main ways of resetting a soundbar. The first one is through the actual sound bar itself while the other is from your TV. The second method is best for any soundbars without a remote because you can just send a command for resetting it from your TV’s menu.
How to Reset Samsung Soundbar with Remote
You may quickly and easily use your Remote to reset your Samsung Soundbar if it isn’t working properly. Your Soundbar should reset and resume working at its regular volume when you complete the procedures listed below.
- You must first power on the Samsung Soundbar using the On button on either the remote control or the Samsung Soundbar Control Panel if you want to reset your Samsung Soundbar and reset Samsung Soundbar with a remote.
- Hold down the Power button until the message INIT OK appears, at which point the Soundbar should restart.
How to Reset Samsung Soundbar without Remote
- You’re going to have to do it on your own. To do this, turn your TV on first and wait for some time until you see the blue screen.
- Press the Power Button+Volume Up button for about 10 seconds.
- Your TV should power on and then after a few minutes, it will go back to its regular display.
Please remember this method only works on soundbars that can be controlled by the TV’s remote. If your soundbar can not be controlled remotely, then you’ll need to keep doing what I said above first; unplug it, let it cool down, then plug in all of your cables again once more before trying this method again. If you’ve done this and the soundbar is still unresponsive, then this may mean that your soundbar is actually broken.
General Method with Soft Reset
If your soundbar is on, and after reboot you’ve still got the problem try this. This is what we call a soft reset. It doesn’t completely clear out the settings but it does reset them in an easier way for you to start over.
It’s done by holding the power button and HDMI at the same time for about 30 seconds. Be sure to follow my instructions exactly or you might get an error later on and won’t be able to fix it properly.
- Turn off your soundbar and unplug the power cord from the back of the soundbar.
- Plug your power cord back into the soundbar.
- Connect an HDMI cable to your soundbar and TV or Computer and switch it on. Make sure that the HDMI cable is plugged in properly or else you may get an error later on when turning everything on.
- Now, turn on your TV or PC using either of these methods.
- Now you should be looking at a blue menu screen with white text in it ( just like Android). You need to select from the options available and then hit ” reset.
- Within seconds you should see an option of ” Reset Soundbar. Hit that button and wait for a few minutes.
- Once the reset is over, you’ll be asked if you want to reboot your soundbar. Select ” Yes ” and sit back and enjoy your favorite music now!
General Method with Hard Reset
You will now do your hard reset on your Samsung soundbar. Many people believe it to be a difficult process, but you will discover it is much simpler and can be finished in under a minute.
- Press the switch on the button to turn the soundbar on. Use your soundbar’s specific button or the remote control.
- Hold down the power button on the soundbar control panel or the remote control.
- The ‘INIT OK’ message will appear on the display panel once you have kept pressing the power button.
- All you have to do is wait for the soundbar to restart.
Benefits of Resetting Samsung Soundbar
Resetting your Samsung Soundbar can provide several benefits, including:
You may have a number of problems that can be resolved by resetting your Soundbar. It fixes any transient hiccups or software flaws that might be impairing the functionality of the device. A reset can frequently resolve connectivity issues, audio distortion, and other similar problems.
The settings and configurations on your Soundbar may accumulate over time, resulting in less-than-ideal performance. By returning all settings to their factory defaults, you can start over and guarantee that everything is in its original configuration. This can enhance performance in all respects, including audio quality and volume levels.
A reset can rapidly return the default configurations if you’ve made multiple modifications to the Soundbar’s settings and wish to go back to them. This is helpful if you want to start over after experimenting with different audio modes, equalization settings, or speaker setups.
Resolving Network-related Issues
Soundbars with network connectivity features, such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, may run into connectivity issues. In order to resolve network-related problems and reestablish a reliable connection with your devices, you may need to reset the Soundbar.
Why would I need to reset my Samsung soundbar?
Resetting your Samsung soundbar might assist resolve different issues such as audio distortion, connectivity problems, unresponsive behavior, or if you’re finding difficulty in pairing it with other devices.
Will resetting my Samsung soundbar delete any settings or configurations?
Yes, a reset will restore your soundbar to its factory default settings, so any customized settings, preferences, or Wi-Fi network configurations will be erased. You will need to set them up again after the reset.
Do I need to reconnect my soundbar to my TV or other devices after resetting it?
Yes, after resetting your Samsung soundbar, you will need to go through the initial setup process and reconnect it to your TV or other devices using the appropriate cables or wireless pairing methods.
Will resetting my soundbar void the warranty?
No, resetting your Samsung soundbar according to the manufacturer’s instructions will not void the warranty. However, if you encounter any issues during or after the reset, it’s best to consult the warranty terms or contact Samsung support to ensure proper assistance.
Resetting your Samsung soundbar can be a simple and effective solution for troubleshooting various issues. By resetting your Samsung soundbar, you can resolve connectivity problems, and audio glitches, or restore it to its default settings. Remember to refer to your soundbar’s user manual for specific instructions tailored to your model.
Have any questions, suggestions, or just need some help? We want to hear you!