Polk Audio HTS 12 Review – [ Powered Home Subwoofer ]
If your home theatre has been a hub of music and you want to maintain your central position for music. You must modify your musical instruments smartly. The modification does not refer to spending lots of your wealth over it but “Polk audio” is another name for this intelligent modification. The instruments offered by Polk are famous for their reasonable prices and clarity.
Polk Audio HTS 12 are home audio subwoofers. They are clear enough and loud for a medium-sized room with highly alluring designs. Its size of 12 inches makes it more eye-catchy and the clarity of its bass has a mesmerizing effect on its listeners. They are designed to minimize the rate of distortion of the music, which can spoil one’s entertainment.
No matter if you are interested in music, movie watching or in gaming, etc. these audio subwoofers are the best choice. Its built-in-200-watt amplifier helps in producing such an impact on the audience that they feel themselves a part of it. With the use of technology and the commitment to their mission, Polk audio has achieved the goal of producing such a best subwoofer for home systems.
Polk Audio HTS 12
Some of the key features that can be traced in Polk Audio HTS 12 are given below;
- Dynamic balance driver is a patented dynamic technology that helps you in clear and distortion-free audio provision. It gives you better linearity with greater durability of your subs.
- Patented power port technology, this technology helps in the transmission of music to the area from a speaker, very smoothly. Power ports present in these subwoofers help in the reduction of unnecessary noise. While those subwoofers without the power port are more likely to produce noise.
- Built-in controls refer to many systems already present in them. Built-in volume control is also present which helps in changing the volume of music, according to your need. You can also control the power of the subwoofer by the DC control system, 12V current, present in it.
- Modern style helps in cool home decor. Its curved edges with black touching make it more adorable and enticing. You will not be able to resist buying it.
- Universal compatibility helps in its connection with home theatre with the help of different input wires. You would not be able to get any wire with it. So, you will need to buy one for its connection. You can connect it via LFE, Low-Frequency Effects, as well as by the help of RCA, Radio Corporation of America, connectors.
- Easy usage, you can be worried about the usage of subwoofers if it is your first time. These subwoofers are very easy to handle even for those who are newly exposed to them.
Polk Audio subwoofers are designed by keeping in mind their usage. They are made up of quality cabinet design with its strong covering that helps in the protection of enclosed components. This hard covering stops unwanted noise that can cause inconvenience to the listeners. The presence of covered edges gives it a strong look and can easily fit into the walls of houses.
Harmful Effects of Subwoofers
Low-frequency voices can cause many harmful effects on human health. Some of these issues are;
- Sleep disruption
- High blood pressure
- Decrease concentration
- Increase heartbeat
Types of Polk Audio Subwoofers
- Powered Subwoofer PSW10, HTS 12 is not the only type of Polk Audio subwoofers. PSW 10 is famous for its best technology when it comes to powered subwoofer and 5 years warranty. Its material makes it more durable. Its sound is best for every room with the addition of clarity.
- React subwoofers is another type of subwoofer. This works on wireless technology and cannot be seen in the room. If you are pickier to beautiful things and cannot bear any other instrument, you must buy this subwoofer.
- HTS 10 subwoofers help in the enhancement of your music system because of the deep bass provided by them. Its classic brown walnut color gives a refreshing impact to your eyes at a very affordable price.
- Awesome sound
- Powerful impact
- High volume
- Deep bass
- Troubled wiring
Is Polk Audio a good brand?
Polk audio is among the well-known brands that sell musical instruments. They are famous for their affordable rates of equipment. You cannot say that they are highly expensive, not even very cheap. You can get instruments at an affordable price. They have a good prestige among other instrument selling brands but not even a part of the best companies. Overall view of Polk Audio is good enough to buy high-quality subwoofers.
What is the difference between Polk audio HTS 12 and PSW 108?
There is no specific difference between these two versions of the Polk subwoofer. Almost all the specifications and features are the same in both of them but there is little difference in their appearance. HTS 12 is an older version with black color while PSW 108 is a newer version with many different colors and designs.
How can I connect my Polk Audio subwoofer?
In order to connect your subwoofers, you must press the Sync button on the back of the subwoofer. You must press the button for at least 3 seconds. A green light will start flickering by pressing this button. When this flickering of green light will change into a solid green light, it means that your subwoofers are connected and soon you would be able to hear sound.
How would you connect the speaker wire to the subwoofer?
In order to connect subwoofers with your speakers, you will take a wire from the rear of your amplifier. Connect one end of the wire to your speaker and the other end to the subwoofers back. This will make a connection between both of them and you can enjoy music.
Polk Audio HTS 12 are highly recommended for its affordable price and nice appearance. Their high voice with deep bass is in high demand for music lovers. Its composition and use of the best material make it more durable and long-lasting. Its structure is well-designed for the maximizing of the sound throughout the room.