Music is an integral part of our lives. Many of us are party animals and like to keep the sound buzzing whole night long. Others however love to sleep with music on. They quintessentially sleep to lighter tones and relaxing sound. So what is the best source of it? Mobile phones, of course. I, for one, have downloaded over 1000 songs on my smartphone. However, it is much easier when you can directly stream music from all around the globe 24/7. iPhone users, specifically, benefit from this direct streaming, and with access to the internet, they can listen to whatever they want anytime and anywhere.
The only problem left is the phone’s battery. iPhone, as ideal as it is, lacks battery life and it can be drained in a few hours. This can be troublesome if you have planned a long weekend on the road or you are not home for other reasons. To counter this issue, iPhone dock speakers are here. You can utilize these on your journey for a long time without fearing any battery problems. These are small which adds to its superpower of being used anywhere.
Quick Answer: Top-Rated Best iPhone Dock Speakers in 2021
- Best Overall: Bose SoundDock Series II iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
- Bose SoundDock Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
- Bose SoundDock XT Speaker (White/Dark Gray)
- LuguLake 610 Aluminum Portable 4.0 Speaker with Stand Dock
- Fast Wireless Charger with Bluetooth Speaker Charging Wireless Charging Stand
- iHome iP46 Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
- JBL On Stage Micro II Speaker System
Best Overall: Bose SoundDock Series II iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
With its award-winning performance and updated technology, BOSE speakers have arrived with a handful of features. It works with almost any apple models. For appliances like iPhone 5 and others, it has a 30-pin adapter as well. It is operated and navigated with the help of remote control. This also controls your music system, your iPod. Hence, you don’t need to approach it every time you want to change a song. The best thing about this dock is that you get to have an additional input option. DVD, CD, or any other MP3 player can be attached to it for use. For attachment all you have to do is place the music system in the dock, the rest is ABC. Lastly, similar to Dock, if you are looking for wall mount speakers have a look at the linked guide.
Bose SoundDock Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
An ideal dock that you can carry anywhere with you. Its sleek design adds to its premium quality. It offers a rechargeable battery made of lithium-ions. Per charge it allows the user to use it for eight straight hours. The sound quality is surprising for its small and portable size as promised by the manufacturer. Moreover, you get to have a built-in carry handle that is slim enough to not be a problem and suits your desires. It has many features that can stun you but the highlight is its easy portability. As discussed, it is slim in structure, has a carry handle, and the dock in this system rotates! That means you can place your phone or iPod safely in it.
Bose SoundDock XT Speaker (White/Dark Gray)
The brilliantly designed system fits anyplace around your home, so your own soundtrack will consistently be close within reach. Structurally, the SoundDock XT speaker includes a special visual appearance. I, for one, am a big fan of its appeal. If we look at the inside, Bose’s idealistic choices and acoustic plan produce the sort of bass you’d anticipate from a bigger, increasingly costly docking system. The coordinated dock gives the speaker a little impression, so it occupies an insignificant room.
Also, it’s lightweight, so you can without much of a stretch move it starting with one spot then onto the next. Look over White/Dark Gray or White/Yellow to suit your style. You can appreciate long periods of continuous music from your iPhone or iPod. The SoundDock XT speaker charges your gadget at whatever point it’s docked and connected to a divider outlet, even while your melodies are playing.
The framework highlights volume control catches—and you control every device that is attached to your gadget. A 3.5mm assistant port lets you integrate different gadgets to take full advantage of the entirety of your music. This model is perfect with iPod and iPhone models with an Apple Lightning connector.
LuguLake 610 Aluminum Portable 4.0 Speaker with Stand Dock
It is not just a sound system. LuguLake offers much more than any standard dock speaker as it combines the perks of visual data along with the music. What’s new? It works with all Bluetooth-empowered gadgets. A 3.5mm sound jack is accommodated for non-Bluetooth devices. In other words, Bluetooth or no Bluetooth, this little monster powers everything you got. Smooth, convenient structure the conservative and versatile plan of the support makes it simple to take with you when you are in a hurry. It’s anything but difficult to move among work and home or take with you when voyaging.
This versatile Bluetooth speaker is intended to convey top-notch sound. This stunning LuguLake Bluetooth stand highlights two 3-watt sound system speakers. The propelled adjustment method permits the sound system sound framework to convey high constancy sound with no contortion by any stretch of the imagination. A simple activity, rich structure, aluminum stand snazzy and exquisite, strong and solid. The aluminum has a fine completion which is a unique mark safe and simple to clean.
Fast Wireless Charger with Bluetooth Speaker Charging Wireless Charging Stand
SoarOwl has made the ideal item for use moving. There is no denying that the SoarOwl Fast Wireless Charger with Bluetooth Speaker Wireless Charger Stand looks cool. Be that as it may, it additionally gives a helpful answer for music sweethearts when they travel. It has a station where the users essentially need to dock their smartphones in the space furnished to get a moment association with their tunes. This model is intended to be simple enough for even amateurs to get to grasps with. At the point when setting in the support, it conveys both vertical and flat positions.
This is perfect for YouTubers who need to make and post recordings regardless of where they are. The Bluetooth remote speaker likewise sports an extra 3.5mm Aux input. There is added support for NFC and aptX codec, which assists with making this model stand apart from the group. An extraordinary aspect concerning this model is that clients can attend calls in any event when the telephone is docked. There will be no compelling reason to stress over missing a significant call or message. The Bluetooth association is additionally solid and stable.
If that wasn’t already enough, this speaker dock likewise conveys Qi charging. Cell phones can be charged immediately when they are continually being used. This implies clients won’t need to stress over coming up short on the battery while they are in a hurry.
iHome iP46 Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
With quadrupled power of 4 speakers installed, this dock is everything you might need. It provides you supreme quality audio and charges your device instantly. The rechargeable lithium battery is an extra that guarantees quality charging so you can listen to whatever you want without worrying about your phone’s dying battery. Also, the dock is retractable which means when not in use, you can simply shut it off to save space and provide safety. You can simply place the device without the requirement of an insert in the dock.
The AC adapter charges your battery and an indicator, located on the dock allows you to be sure about the charging. The speaker goes in the reson8 chambers, to assure safety and smooth portability. It works on the universal power requirements 100-240V so you can use it anywhere in the world. Other than your Apple device, you can use other inputs like computers, CDs, DVDs, and MP3 players.
JBL On Stage Micro II Speaker System
Its OnePoint iPod connectors allow you to pair with your PC. The USB link at the back of the dock can be connected with the Apple device for music and charging simultaneously. On-Stage II’s sleek design and brilliant infrastructure ensure that your gadget is all set when you are.
Things to Know
Shapes available for speaker docks
You can get the docks in a variety of shapes. All vary according to the taste and requirement of the user. Also, the cost of the docks differs based on these shapes.
- Ellipsoidal; one of the most initial shapes of dock speakers. These are large, although not too big, but are difficult to carry around
- Spherical or cuboidal; most common speakers with a docking place at the head of the speaker. You can easily take these with you anywhere, also its maintenance is quite easy
- Cylindrical; squeezed width but quite enough length. These are like the ellipsoidal dock speakers but occupy less space, however, these are also a little hard to carry around
- Pyramidal, twisted, and other sleek designs; these add elegance and fun to the product without compromising the quality
- New–age; nowadays you can even get docks in the shapes of a skull or helicopter. People who love to explore and keep a rare collection often go for such docks
- Multiple speakers; you can also get your hands on six-in-one and alike speakers, in which more than one speakers are installed to give you the vibes you need as a party monster
Regardless of the shape, the music quality of the dock is ideal, and hence, the user can buy any dock that suffices his/her budget.
Because of the enormous variety of iPhone dock speakers accessible in the market today, picking one can be extremely difficult rather challenging. With such a significant number of alternatives, by what means will you realize that you are getting your cash’s worth? Keep in mind that you are about to spend your income on these devices, accordingly, you should pick admirably and choose the item that fits your requirements best and is of premium quality.
To make things easier for you, we have gone through many docking products and chosen the best possible for you. This list may not be ultimate and we don’t claim it to be 100% perfect, but by the end of this essay, you will surely get an idea of the best range of dock speakers out there. You will be acknowledged about the important and necessary specifications that you must have in your speaker.
Also, you will know enough about the price ranges of the speaker you desire. By comparing the individual information of every article in this essay, it will be easier for you to pick one speaker.
IOS can bring major changes with every new model, be it iPhone, IPad, or MAC. These changes raise an important question that whether dock speakers are compatible with every speaker. To answer the question in simplest terms, NO, a dock speaker is not compatible with every Apple device. Docks, usually come with lightning connectors as they are the most modern in the world of apple. So, if your phone is IPhone4 or something more ancient like IPads before the air series, you will have to scan the market for the 30-pin connectors.
What is an iPhone dock speaker?
A dock speaker like its name suggests is a device that can augment the music and charge the source’s battery simultaneously. A dock is self-sufficient and acts as a base for all the music appliances be it an MP3, or a mobile phone. As soon as IPods were released, the dock speakers made their way to the market and stormed it with this dual quality of speaker and charger. You can take these anywhere with you and won’t need an extra charger or power bank for the dock is your ultimate service.
What do we look at in the best iPhone dock speakers?
Out of the many qualities unique to different dock speakers, we will be looking upon the features they share in common. It is primarily done to make it easier for you to distinguish the best from the lot and give you an idea about the market value. Most importantly, the consumer value is our top priority, so the list shared in this essay promises the customer-choice products and are penned down after a lot of research and public reviews. Let’s look at how we have designed the list.
- Music system – since the elemental need is audio here, soundcheck and audio tests are the preliminary steps to deduce the best dock speakers. The audio testing of a device can be done in many ways. You may get it checked from the shopkeeper or can do it at home by connecting it to various devices and checking for the tonal and bass balance. Powerful bass and a balanced tone are what’s loved and admired by many. However, for the natural listeners, you may go for the one with normal bass and, aesthetically pleasing and feels natural to the ears.
- Compatibility – as discussed earlier, all speaker docks are not compatible with every Apple device. According to a vast study of various speaker docks, we concluded that the majority of these speakers work best with the newest Apple appliances. But sadly, the majority on the other end of the line; the consumers are still using the older versions of Apple devices. To balance this equation, we have listed the speakers that work best with all types of iPhones. And if not, you can get a suitable speaker according to your IOS version and device.
- Your pocket defines the worth – anything you buy affects and is affected by the amount of money you invest in it. Dock speakers are available in a variety of range and if you have the amount, you can buy any dock you like. However, it is important to know the value of your speaker. Every dock speaker is not worth the price. For instance, if you have bought an expensive speaker just because it has an engaging structure but the quality is ordinary, what is the use? Hence, it is important to consider the ups and downs, necessities, and commodities before you decide to buy something. The best range to buy a dock speaker is low to medium, for too high a price is nothing but extra structure.
- Features of the device – apart from music and charging, many extra features can intrigue you. for example; airplay options – that allows wireless transmission of metadata, mainly audio, between different apple devices, alarm clock – to keep you active and in time, IPad compatibility, Bluetooth connectivity = that lets you connect to non-Apple devices and enjoy audio from these. Such perks allow you to get a lot from the docking integration.
Q: Are dock speakers only compatible with Apple devices?
No, the dock speakers (depend on which one you have) pairs with almost any audio and (Some of them) video devices. You can get an idea of its compatible devices in the instruction manual.
Q: Do dock speakers charge and play music simultaneously?
Not all of them, but the best among the lot do that together. It allows you to listen to your favorite music without having to fear low battery
Q: Do all dock speakers carry Bluetooth capacity?
Most of the dock speakers have Bluetooth availability but some of them haven’t. Also, many of these offer additional AUX cables and inputs to connect with other non-Bluetooth devices