4 Best Floating Pool Speakers
Ever faced the dilemma of wanting to listen to music in the pool on speakers but not having the right speakers to do that? The waterproof floating pool speakers are the ideal solution! They are for people who spend more time in the pool and feel a need to enhance the experience further. Relaxing in the pool or playing with friends can be made more special if you could have music. Here I’m going to share some unique and cool speakers which are not just waterproof but floating as well. With floating pool speakers, you can enjoy songs even in the water.
Whether you go rafting in a river or at a pool party, these floating pool speakers can enlighten your day tenfold.
Quick Answer: Top-Rated Best floating pool speakers in 2022
1. Altec Lansing IMW257-MT Waterproof Speakers
- 2 x 2 x 10 inches, and weighs 4.8 ounces
- Use lithium batteries
- 6-hour battery life
- An impressive signal range of 30 feet
- The package includes cables and a carbineer clip
- Waterproof, snow proof and, dustproof
With Altec Lansing IMW257 Mini H20 Waterproof speakers, you can enjoy your pool party to the maximum! Whether it is the beach visit, a poolside party, hiking trip, or biking activity, with these speakers, you can enjoy music to the fullest. Their wide wireless range of up to 30 feet makes them perfect for large-scale pool parties. The speakers can withstand snow, dust, and water. This makes it possible for you to enjoy music even in the great outdoors.
- The product is super portable, compact, lightweight, easy-to-carry, and comfortable to carry
- With 6-hour battery life, they will last very long
- Being waterproof, snow proof, and dustproof, these speakers are very durable.
- The 30-feet signal range ensures that music is loud and clear, even with the audio-source being far away at the pool end
- It is not very durable or robust in design
- If it gets slightly submerged in water, its sound gets muffled
2. Wow World of Watersports Speakers
- 9.8 x 9.8 x 8.8 inches, and weighs 5 pounds
- Requires one lithium-ion battery
- 50-hour battery life
- Floatable and waterproof
- Portable, compact, and easy-to-carry
If you are planning to go on an adventure, Wow-sound is the travel-buddy you need. Robust and portable, these are ideal for travel. With an IP67 rating, being floatable as well as waterproof, these speakers are made for the outdoors.
- Robust in design and made to last the entire day, these speakers will stand by you through your entire journey
- The unique design makes it extremely portable and easy-to-carry; it can even fit in your car’s cup holder
- Excellent sound quality with Omni-directional Hi-Fi sound
- Since these are waterproof (instead of water-resistance), you need not worry about accidentally submerging it. It can withstand it all!
- When water jumps around the battery, sound can get blocked for a short while
- Battery ends too quickly when listening to songs on loud volume
The omnidirectional Hi-Fi sound system with a 4-inch passive bass, these speakers have the perfect sound quality.
3. Infinity Orb Magnetic Levitating Speaker
- Black in color
- Lithium polymer battery powered
- 3.1 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches, and weighs 2.59 pounds
- Package includes one orb, a base, charger, USB cable, and a user manual
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
This elegant speaker is not just a necessity but a luxury! The glamorous LED visual effects with the base being illuminated by different colors, and levitating orb, these speakers are the finest. The orb can also be used alone, separate from the base.
Infinity Orb speakers do not just have an amazing outlook, but also excellent sound quality. The 3D surround sound effect produces a distinctive timbre.
Bluetooth-enabled, these speakers are convenient for use in a pool. Bluetooth connectivity is compatible with iPhone, Tablet, iPod, etc. and has a signal range of 10 meters.
- The big bass 360-degree sound produced will make your experience amazing
- The 10-hour battery life and wireless connectivity make it very convenient to use for long periods
- Being waterproof, there is no fear that they will get damaged if accidentally submerged
- Perfect sound quality and bass
- Occasionally, there can be static on low-frequency sounds
- Some users complained that playtime was shorter than promised
4. Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Portable Waterproof speakers
- 4.2 x 4.7 x 5.3 inches, and weighs 2.04 ounces
- Available in stone grey color
- Powered by a lithium-polymer battery
- Big bass and 360-degree crisp sound
- It’s waterproof and can float on water
- 10-hour battery life
- Bluetooth connectivity with Bluetooth enabled devices including smartphones and tablets
These super portable speakers are just the thing you need to enjoy clear and loud music in your swimming pool. This speaker is waterproof and can float in the water of a depth of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
Bluetooth connectivity is compatible with all Bluetooth enabled tablets, smartphones, and other devices.
- The levitating orb, base, and LED lights of changing colors make its appearance very pleasing
- The 10-meter signal range makes it perfect for use while in a pool, as it can catch signals from the audio source from far away
- Excellent sound quality and 3D surround sound enhance the experience tenfold
- Some users did not find the sound quality as good as they expected
- The orb can be unstable over the base
How to find the best floating pool speakers: tips to keep in mind
Portability and compactness
The primary purpose of pool speakers is to be able to listen to songs even in the pool without needing much space to keep it. Floating pool speakers are made compact so that they do not take up too much space in the pool and also do not compromise on sound quality. Portability and compactness are, thus, important considerations.
Sound quality and audition
Remember to test the sound quality of the speakers before you finalize the deal with the salesman. There may be great promises of audio quality, but if it ends up falling short of expectations, you will be disappointed. The ideal “audition” is only possible in the place where you plan on using it, so it would be best to try the speakers in a pool.
Wireless range in case of Bluetooth speakers
This is yet another very essential consideration when buying a floating pool speaker. When in a pool, you may not be able to take the source device along with the speaker, so the wireless range should be wide enough to allow you to listen to music in your pool.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the ideal wattage for an outdoor floating pool speaker?
In case of a quiet outdoor picnic, 5W power should be sufficient, but if you plan on using the speakers in more boisterous parties, you would need a higher wattage. To get a better idea of power and volume, an average smart TC has a maximum 10W speaker.
If the speaker gets submerged underwater, will it get damaged?
If the speaker is water-resistant, it would, but a waterproof speaker remains safe even when submerged. A water-resistant speaker can withstand several water splashes but not be entirely submerged.
How should I safely use a water-resistant speaker in my pool?
The pool speakers are able to float so they will not submerge, but it is best to cover all USB ports with protective rubber covers so that water does not enter and cause a malfunction in the mechanics.